Favorite colony...

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
Starting a thread about favourite colonies, post a picture here and tell us why its your favourite!

Heres mine, Cornbred's Flaming Unicorn. I got this as a frag about 7 years ago. I've fraged it many times and started several colonies over the years. Here is the latest reboot colony, I just love the colours this produces.
DSC04674.JPGDSC04686.JPG

Very cool piece. Looks very nice.

Forest Fire or bubblegum Digi (bottom center and mid center) for me, color is great and grows like a weed. Starry night (top right) solid runner up despite me having buyers regret at first. Trachy are my absolute favorite but something nukes them in this setup

20220117_170347.jpg

Excellent topic to start @dball711!

I hope to be starting some new favorites soon. There's so many I liked from my last system but I'd have to say my favorite was the tiny little nub of Walt Disney I got from Brandon at the end of the 2017 ARC Expo. My display wasn't quite a year old at that point and I was still very much learning about the hobby. I had a few other sticks at that point and lost a good bit prior.

This is the nub I got for $40. It had actually grown some by the time this pic was taken.
20180424_143027.jpg

That little pinky nail piece turned into a colony that had frags make it into quite a few members tanks. It was kind of like the turning point for me as a reef keeper and the growth of it is like my expansion of knowledge. After it started to take off my success with many other higher end sps took off too.

This is it around the time I moved and took the system down.
20190528_200634.jpg

Spike still has some of the colony and it will be moving into QT here soon.

Again I love the topic and look forward to hearing and seeing everyone else's stories!

@Adam i love the Walt Disney. I also got a frag from Brandon at the same time you got yours. Then…I picked up a frag of a Big R Walt Disney from one of our members. It put the original colony I was growing to shame. Here’s my current colony of the Big R WD.

DSC04136.JPG

Last edited:
You also bought a pretty big frag from me at one of the meets in Shindel's space.

But that Big R is nice!!!

Back