Favorite T5 Bulb Combo

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I always order new T5 bulbs around Christmas. For my 90g I run two ATI Blue Plus with my AI Sol LEDs and really like the look. I am now running an ATI Sunpower 4x24w fixture. I'm unsure of the bulb age so I'm gonna order for that too. What's your favorite bulb combo? I was thinking of running B+ Coral+ B+ Purple+

In my ATI 36" X 6 bulb fixture I have...
B+
B+
Coral +
AquaBlue Special
B+
EuroQuatics LED blue Pop T-5
B+

I am also using a 36" Reef Brite TECH LED Blue Strip Light, plan to add one more of these when I upgrade to a wider tank next month.

I have moved away from the Purple+ in favor of the AquaBlue Special, just thought the purple+ had too much red. Very happy with my current combo, its over a standard 75g all SPS tank. My growth and color have never been better...

I use 4x actinic blue and 4x aquablue-coral from giesemann. Have been working well with my 180 sps

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hijack your thread Sean. I'm adding a simple two bulb T5 to a frag and refugium section in my sump. What would you guys recommend?

Bcavalli;1103385 wrote: Sorry to hijack your thread Sean. I'm adding a simple two bulb T5 to a frag and refugium section in my sump. What would you guys recommend?

What are you adding the bulbs to? I first started out with a Blue+ and Purple+, I'm now using 2 B+ and really like it with my AI Sols

I'll be keeping sps in the frag section with just a low wattage led light for supplement. I can always add more lighting later. Thanks for the advice guys. :)

It's a 200g acrylic tank I converted over to a sump. The water level is 16" deep. I can raise the T5 up to 24" above the water line if I need to.

I've been reading up a bit on this. While I haven't had experience with Giesemann the vast recommendations are for 3 B+ and 1 P+. In Sean's case this sounds like a good option.

Brett for a frag tank you may want to just go with B+ as the P+ is mostly for viewing benefit.
You say this is a 200. If it's 24" wide 2 bulbs may not be enough.

anit77;1103432 wrote: I've been reading up a bit on this. While I haven't had experience with Giesemann the vast recommendations are for 3 B+ and 1 P+. In Sean's case this sounds like a good option.

Brett for a frag tank you may want to just go with B+ as the P+ is mostly for viewing benefit.
You say this is a 200. If it's 24" wide 2 bulbs may not be enough.

Gat advice. It is 24" wide. However, I can position the thee tiered frag rack or look for a 4 bulb 36" T5. Lol.

Back