Favorite type of Clown Fish...

thedeper

Market
Reaction score
I would assume it is safe to say that the majority of reefers own of have owned a clown fish at one point in time.

Well I am about to join the not so elite clown fish community and am trying to see what is everyones favorite species of clown and for what reasons.

TriGa22;192090 wrote: Picasso and the black and white clowns. Very nice fish

Never seen a Picasso and just googled them. If they weren't so expensive they would def be in the front running for my tank.

Uh, Rhinocellaris of course. But since I've not been successful at breeding my normal ocellaris with a birdsnest, that project is on hold.

I like my maroon she is a tuff little thing. It dose not matter what kind of nem is in the tank it is hers. Right now she has two. She is the only one that will go near my long ten. green tip.

Those are probably at the top of my list...but I really like the GOLD stripe and I am afraid that if I order offline that I may not get what I want. I also really dont wanna chance driving an hour one way and back to a LFS that I would think would have some to be disappointed haha

ace1204;192151 wrote: Goldstripe Maroons and im going to pick up my pair tonight :)

i love my true perculas - and i cant wait to get a pair of pink skunk clowns when i get my new tank up and going.

I really like skunks and I think that would be my next set.

MrsMojo;192163 wrote: i love my true perculas - and i cant wait to get a pair of pink skunk clowns when i get my new tank up and going.

For those of you who have been in this hobby for a few years, you may remember those ORA Naked Clowns I raffled off at the SWU2. Those were awesome and very unique. Basically ocellaris clowns without stripes, they were very cute.

I have a pair of true Percular and Orange Skunks in my tank. I love clowns. I was thinking of going for a third pair but just cant make up my mind on which ones. Maybe a Naked pair.

a> click on Naked Clown Fish.

Those nakeds are pretty tight... Any advice on what a good clown to go with a carpet nem?

I have a book especially on Clown fish and what they natively host in. I will look it up for you and post. It might be tomorrow but I will do it.

Thanks a lot! There is this awesome looking green carpet anemone at the LFS that haunts my dreams haha...

I really like the Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish. I have a true perc that is great too. It will come up and get food out of my hand.

MrsMojo;192163 wrote: i love my true perculas - and i cant wait to get a pair of pink skunk clowns when i get my new tank up and going.

agreed. true perc are the bomb-diggity (whatever that means).

I really like my true percs, but if I was not attached to them I'd get skunks. Cap Bay has a really nice pair that I have to eye everyday. These are more of a pinkish color than orange, though.

Back