Favorite ways to use Apex Breakout box

oldedb

Market
Reaction score
I bought one a few months ago and haven't put it to use yet... Seems overly complicated for ATO and I already have one. Any other cool uses?

- I have it wired to a toggle switch to shut off all my normal devices for water changes and then turn back on when switched back
- have an upside down float switch in my ato reservoir to sound alarm and text me and wife when close to empty
- have high and low sump float switches to shut off skimmer or return pump and alert

I ordered extra magnet mounts from tunze parts shop that they use for the ato float switch holders. Kind of pricy but does the job easily.

I have moisture sensors at three places in my cabinet. If one gets wet it, Apex sends email and sounds alarm. If all three are wet I get an email and it sets off a very loud (too loud) siren.

Future project is to install switches on the five cabinet doors. If a door opens, and interior cabinet light is turned on.

elFloyd;977831 wrote: I have moisture sensors at three places in my cabinet. If one gets wet it, Apex sends email and sounds alarm. If all three are wet I get an email and it sets off a very loud (too loud) siren.

This is different than the ALD module sensor....

I'm not talking about the ALD... I'm using an Apex I/O Breakout Box.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakout Box

Connect external switches and I/O Inputs to your Apex

When connected to the I/O Port of your Apex, Apex Lite, or PMx module, the Breakout Box gives you an easy way to connect up to six external switch inputs to your Apex. Examples of things you might connect in this manner include:

- Float Switches for sump alerts or ATO (Auto Top-Off)
- Push Buttons for special modes (Feed, Cleaning, etc.)
- Leak Detectors
- Magnetic switches on cabinets for intrusion detection
- Many other creative uses

Can you tell me where you got the leak detectors? I never thought if this but it is going to save me from buying a second ALD for my sump room!

Not sure where I got them... but they are available on Amazon

Model 2800 5VDC Liquid Detection Sensor (GRI)
ref=sr_1_1

Back