Feather duster lost its head

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
ok so my feather dusters head fell off!!!!

is this normal? do they grow new heads? do they split?

It's kind of funny because the worm still comes out of the tube just with no head......hmmm?

It happens sometimes. Check water parameters and that is one of the indicators that tell you that something is amiss. Also, check to see if anyone is picking at it. It usually will grow more feathers. It take some time.

Joe

IT is said that if you leave the head in the tank, it COULD grow a new worm.. I have never seen it happen..

Ya they loose their head for a few different reasons, water quality, physical stress, or sometimes the "feathers" get worn and they need to make a new one. It takes a few weeks for it to grow back but I have lost a head on my coco and on my HI featherduster and both have grown back.

If the worm ejects from its tube you got major issues. If that happends, it is said that you should bury it in the sand.

well...I havent changed my water in forever so I am sure that has something to do with it......i'll check them though to see......thanks

ill check to see if the worm comes all the way out of the tube....doesnt look like it though.

i had a few do this due to high flow issues. watch your hermits also. i came home to find them eating the worm!!

Back