FedEx Fail. What are my chances they will arrive alive?

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
I know it’s not very sophisticated , but I like softies.</em>

I ordered some ultra hard to find long polyped toadstools from a hobbyist/seller in Maine (no luck finding them locally, and could only find them from this one seller). Paid for overnight Saturday delivery (today) but my corals are stuck in Memphis and won’t deliver until Monday. That’s 36 hours in transit.

Anyone have any experience with late deliveries with FedEx and if so, what was the survival rate?

&lt;p style="text-align: right;"&gt;the seller said these were very well packed, but right now, I’m taking no comfort in that.
Let me know your experiences, but already dreading opening that box

Thats terrible, sorry to hear about it.  This past December I ordered a bonded pair of designer clowns from The Coral Reef in TN, UPS RED.  UPS lost the box, UPS finally delivered the clowns, a full 24 hours late so over 36 hours since they had been packaged, they were very well packaged, inside a foam cooler, heater pack and newspaper. Both were doing well despite the fact that the water temperature in their bag had reached 68.5F. Acclimated them to the water and temperature and they are doing well.

Ive had a rough time with getting things shipped on time this winter as well. The results were mixed out of 5 packages, 4 were late. Anywhere between 8 and 48 hours. The ones that were on the shorter end were just fine. The couple that were 30 and 48 hours late were tragic. The seller covered the loss for me but it still hurts to open a box of dead critters.

I checked the status, they did move from Memphis to Atlanta, but I called hoping I could just pick up at the terminal today, but they are closed, so I have to wait until tomorrow.

hoping they make it

thanks for the replies

Back