Feeding dilemma

geno

Market
Reaction score
I've got 2 clowns that love pellets -- but don't care much for shrimp.

I've also got a few cardinals that don't like pellets -- and don't seem to like the shrimp either. I have mysid, brine, and plankon-something.

Since I don't have many fish to feed I have been taking one of the frozen cubes and putting it in a small jar of tank water to thaw -- then using a baster to squirt a small amount into the tank. The clowns and cardinals just spit them out.

Am I doing this wrong or do they simply not like this food?

Not sure what to do next.

-gene

PS Hopes there's no limit on the number of questions a member can ask -- if there is, I must be near mine...

soak any frozen food in Selcon before giving it to the tankmates. All mine love it.

Soak the food in garlic as an apetite stimulant. Also you could try a couple feedings of live brine shrimp. I am sure both the cardinals and clowns will jump on those. Once they see the shrimp as a food source they will probally start devouring the frozen as well. Good luck!

Barbara;175845 wrote: Whoa! A sponsor in Woodstock????? How come I didn't know this until now!?

Dang... we were trying to keep it from ya!!!

Barbara;175845 wrote: Whoa! A sponsor in Woodstock????? How come I didn't know this until now!?

Cause you haven't been paying attention? :D Cause you've blocked all of Mufret's treads? :D Cause......

He's opening in mid-August....

Back