Feeding Frequency

dvara78

Market
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">So I’ve been trying to find the right frequency of how often I feed the tank. I noticed some fish were looking thinner then when I first bought them so I picked up my feedings to two times a day. I feed a mix of brine shrimp, mysis, krill. – 2 frozen cubes (¾” x ¾”) thawed out during each feeding. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"> </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Anyway, I just waned to make sure I don’t overfeed the tank to where food goes uneaten and rots in the tank. </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"> </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">What do you feed? How often? Amounts (if measurable) and how many fish in your system?</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">1 unit can be the equivalent to one small frozen cube of brine shrimp ¾” x ¾”.</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Cheers, </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Dil</span></span>

I feed my fish several very small portions of flakes during the day and at night they get frozen food treated with "enhancers"... During the day I will stick the tip of my finger in the tank to get it wet and dip it in the flakes maybe 3 times a day but no more than what they can eat, then back into the tank. At might they get a half cube of frozen bring/mysis... If your worried about uneaten food, I would suggest you beef up you CUC. I have a large CUC so I dont have to worry about food going uneaten.
Of course I have little piggies swimming around in my tank so all the food never goes uneaten

+1 C.Bobby
I pretty much feed small algae sheets 2x during the day and a cube or 2 at nite...But I also run a strong Housekeeping Crew...:lol2:

mine get pellets from the auto feeder twice a day and a mix of frozen stuff once a day.

Eventually I will setup and auto frozen feeder to feed small amounts 2-3 times a day on top of the pellets....im just to lazy to do that by hand right now

I only have 6 fish right now.

I have my auto-feeder set to feed a pellet blend daily (about half-handful). I feed about 1/4 - 1/3 cup or so of frozen blend.

I like my fish obese :)

Back