Feeding my sailfin blenny

tanks4life

Market
Reaction score
Ok so since I've made the switch from my 65 rimless to my 90 I am finding there is huge lack in microalgae. Which is a good thing on one end of the spectrum however not a good thing when it comes to feeding my blenny. He only eats what algae he can find growing... since there is none he is not eating.
So far I've tried romaine lettuce, green nori, red nori, and spirulina flakes/tablets. He won't eat!! What do I do?

Also it was very easy with the 65 to ensure he was eating. My overflow had a wall of hair algae that I uses as a pre-filter to help with phosphates, I read it on reef to reef about algae wall filters. It certainly helped lower them and when my tank was looking spotless and the blenny was looking thin I would simply scrape the wall and drop it in the dt. Blenny would eat and the cycle was goos.

My Sailfin almost died of starvation and no matter what I tried to feed him he wouldn't eat. Finally one day he made the decision to try out what I feed the rest of the tank. Now he's one of the Fattest fish in my system. I have no idea what was the trigger was other than him starving. I was probably very lucky.

Back