Feeding New Fish

zapped82

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tricks on what or how to feed a new fish that is being a picky eater? Any specific foods that tend to be accepted by fish easier?

Thanks,
Zac

Zac....

It all depends on what type of fish. Which one are you asking about?

It's a Magnificent Foxface. I'm not too worried about him yet because it seems like he's picking a little bit but I don't want it to go too long without seeing him eat what I feed. I watched him eat before I got him too and he definitely doesn't look like he's hurting for food.

Definitely an algae eater but most Foxfaces will accept other foods, live or pellets/flakes. I would definitely make sure you have some good established LR with lots of varieties for it to pick at. Try using a algae clip with some Nori every few days.

There should be plenty for him to pick from on the LR. I will try the Nori. Any suggestions on the frozen? I've got quite the assortment of stuff that I alternate to the corals and fish but not sure if there is one that fish seem to like more.

I have a mix several different types of foods:

Blended & Chopped Shrimp, Scallops & Clams
Thawed: Thawed Brine, Blood Worms, Algae Mix
Dry: Cyclop Eze, Flakes and several different types of pellets and Microcrabs.
I add ZoeCon & Selcon.

I blend and then add the other stuff and put in the fridge. If I was on the ball I would make enough and freeze part but I only make enough right now for 1-2 weeks at a time.

I also feed phyto every other day.

Back