Feeding picky clownfish

jonboyb

Market
Reaction score
My picassos are now over a week in the tank and they have what I find to be odd eating habits. I have an array of frozen foods (squid, clam, PE mysis, brine, bloodworms, plankton, cyclopeeze, etc.) that I mince and mix with Garlic Guard, Vitality, and Zoecon. I mix it up so they get different things each meal. I also have Formula 1/2, ORAGLO, and nano pellets and spirulina flakes.

Don't get me wrong, they eat well and always have big fat bellies, but they prefer the Formula 1 and nano pellets over everything. I can feed them prepared meaty foods and feed till they stop eating, then introduce the pellets and they pig out again. I've actually tried mixing the pellets in with the frozen mix and they'll filter out the pellets and let the rest sink away. My damsels and twin-spot goby are exactly opposite in they ignore any pellets when frozen foods are available. Is this pellet facination common for tank-raised fish?

Strange.

In the future, will we all eat food in pellet form?

Hmmmmm...

I dont know but my clowns are the exact same way, they prefer marine s over frozen any day

Back