few questions

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
1. can i regenerate purigen in just regular household clorox bleach?
2. how do i get rid of fire worms?
3. can i do 5g water changes bi daily till i have changed 25g or so on a 55g tank?

#2 Don't feed your tank for like 2 days then take some meaty food and put it into some panty hoes put it into the tank at night then the barbs of the worm will get stuck. I've never done this but this is the method Jin told me about. Worth a try

i think ill try that, i pulled two out that were on a rock, they were a good 6in each.

Why do you need to change 25 gallons?

I do 10 gallons every 2 weeks on my 75.

BTW, those zoas finally opened up and they are nice! Pump works good as well, now powering my phosphate reactor much better than the MJ-600 was doing.

au01st;275738 wrote: Why do you need to change 25 gallons?

I do 10 gallons every 2 weeks on my 75.

BTW, those zoas finally opened up and they are nice! Pump works good as well, now powering my phosphate reactor much better than the MJ-600 was doing.

to tell you the truth, i have been slack with my water changes for a couple of months.

BTW, i told you, let me know when you have frags of them since i gave you all that i had.

1) not sure, check Seachem's site
2) Arrow crabs and some reef safe wrasses love to eat them. I used to have tons of them but since adding a christmas wrasse (not 100% reef safe) and a 6-line, I haven't seen one in ages.
3) You are better off from a nitrate reduction perspective doing larger water changes. In other words, a single 25 gallon WC will reduce nitrates better than 5 - 5 gallon changes.

1) their website only says bleach
2) i have a sixline
3) i only have 5g tanks at my house so the largest i could do would be 10g at once.

You can get storage containers from the store (you may even find them very cheap on clearance being just after the holidays). I got 2 clear ones, marked off 2 gallon incriments with a sharpie on one. Used them both mixing my initial batch of saltwater for the tank. Now I use one for mixing new water and the other to store supplies in. Cost around $5 each and each can hold up to 15 gallons if needed.

#1. Yes, Clorox works fine (just make sure it's not the scented stuff)

Yes on purigen. Use regular bleach...100% Clorox with none of the spell good etc stuff in it. Mix it half bleach and half water. Let soak until it turns white again and then rinse well. I rinse a couple times and then put back into fresh water until the chlorine smell is gone, usually over a couple days or so. I use a quart jar to rejuvenate mine.

I would do a single 10G change per day rather than 2 5 gallon changes. Why do you want to change so much water?

blind1993;275838 wrote: i used the fresh meadow whitest white, crap.
Take the purrigen out and get new, unless you want to risk that fresh meadow scent chemical causing problems.

I always bought the unscented cheap store brand bleach to use.

Back