Filefish

lmm1967

Reaction score
Anyone else have a Filefish? Ours did get rid of most of the aptasia that was starting that was popping up in the tank - has left a few large ones alone.

The interesting thing about him though is he often will swim along the bottom of the tank and blow sand around looking for food. It's amazing how much sand he can blow for being such a small fish.

I'll try to grab a quick video next time I catch him doing it.

Have you ever been looking for him and he's hanging upside down next to something like colt coral and all of a sudden there he is, hidding in plain sight. Very unusual fish!

Have you ever been looking for him and he's hanging upside down next to something like colt coral and all of a sudden there he is, hidding in plain sight. Very unusual fish!

Haven't seen that yet - he is a character for sure. He has associated me and my hand with food so anytime I put my hand in the tank he approaches - he's not built up the nerve to nip at me or anything yet but he's very curious and brave.

My file filsh will hang out in the nook my loclines form. The loclines are attached to seaswirls tyat move and the file fish appears to be hiding as a part of the locline. He will actually move with the locline, staying paralell with it.

I have had my filefish for about 6 months and love the little guy. He took his time to start eating then wouldn't stop.

Back