Filter Floss/Poly Fil/Batting

hzheng33

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Peachtree Corners (Near Norcross High School)
For those of you who use it, what brand do you use?

i see references of people recommending ones without flame retardant. So far I have found all of them not to have that language.

Is this what I found in Joann safe to use? What do you recommend?

0AFD812F-D927-4018-A4BC-0E8CF59E0583.jpeg2EBEB6E9-22AB-4018-B156-54D48C152AFD.jpeg

Why don’t you just use an aquarium rated filter pad, like they sell at your LFS, Petsmart (or online if you must)?

They shouldn’t contain any added chemicals, just PET/polyester (polyethylene terephthalate). Use scissors and cut to shape.

It’s cheap enough from a LFS that I wouldn’t risk tossing that in my tank if I was worried at all. I got a large roll of floss a store for $15

Why don’t you just use an aquarium rated filter pad, like they sell at your LFS, Petsmart (or online if you must)?

They shouldn’t contain any added chemicals, just PET/polyester (polyethylene terephthalate). Use scissors and cut to shape.

i was just at Joann this morning with my wife when i ran into this and thought about some of the conversation i have seen here and on R2R regarding filter floss

I was going to say I would use it, then decided to see what I could find, came up with this:
So yes, I would use it.

Back