Filter Sock Holder

de1nonly23

Market
Reaction score
In the process of building a 20 gallon long sump for my 75 and wanted some ideas on how to incorporate a filter sock holder. I have seen the one the BRS sells but if anyone has any ideas to share and can help let me know..

i thought about making my own but ended up just buying one of these

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">A cheap and cool way to hang your (aquarium) socks - YouTube</div>

I made one of these awhile back, worked great.

Very interested in seeing how ppl make theirs. I almosted posted the same question. I thought about using the egg crate and cutting a hold in it. But still searching for options.

they are easy to make. have you made the sump yet?

1030011126a.jpg
alt="" />

1030011128a.jpg
alt="" />

LegalReefer;785836 wrote: Very interested in seeing how ppl make theirs. I almosted posted the same question. I thought about using the egg crate and cutting a hold in it. But still searching for options.

i tried this as well, it worked but seemed like the eggcrate was going to give out any minute to the weight of the sock and crashing water. and it was ugly

Thanks for the input. Charles I like your acrylic work. Did you make that yourself. Would something like work going the width of the tank?

bring the sump over with the PS and pump and we'll figure something out.

Thanks Charles. I will let you know...I need to get a PS 1st :) but hoepfully in the next week I have one.

Back