Filter Sock question

mockery

Market
Reaction score
Are all filter socks reusable? I bought 1 from creation last week and it is nasty. Do I clean it or toss it? How would i clean it?

I throw mine in the wash with the towel I got with a bucket of Reef Crystals. I use one cap of bleach and give it an extra rinse cycle.

I keep 5 filter socks in rotation, use a new sock about every 2 days and wash them every week.

Ok, that makes sense. But that stinks, only got one. I guess i'll not have them while i'm gone.

a>  Try this site

Hmm, I'm looking and wonder what the difference is in materials. I'm thinking about ordering the #3 size that are 8 1/4" long as I'm not crazy about the 14" length of the current ones and would prefer an 8" one I could change every day. I think 10 of those would be sufficient for me. I don't know what mesh to go with: nylon, polyester, or polypropylene? And I can't decide between 200 and 100 micron bags, $0.45 difference. I have the 100 now, and I'm not sure how quickly they'll stop up if I get a bag sock that's shorter.

I only have a couple of filter socks to rotate. When I take one out, I immediately turn it inside out and use a hose to clean it. You'd be surprised how clean it gets as long as you don't let it dry out first. If it drys out first, then I hose it and then let it soak in a bucket of bleach water overnight.

Back