Filtration

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
Currently the corals in my LPS and softies tank don't seem fully extended. I thiught I heard that LPS like the water a little dirty. I am running carbon phosgaurd and purigen, along with skimming. I was thinking about stoping the carbon and maybe the phosgaurd. Anyone have suggestions?

Not very much algae other than what grows on the glass. Tank had hair algae but its been gone for a few weeks. NO3 and PO4 are both low.

Do you use any coral food? If not maybe start. Try raising NO3 but I would keep PO4 undetectable.
Just for the record what test kits are you using?

heathlindner25;961838 wrote: Do you use any coral food? If not maybe start. Try raising NO3 but I would keep PO4 undetectable.
Just for the record what test kits are you using?

I do use coral food and I use Searra( not sure if i spelled it right) test kits. How should I raise NO3, stop running carbon for a few weeks?

List your aquarium specs including lighting, etc.

Sera tests are good. You'll need a photometer for accurate PO4 readings, though.

heathlindner25;961848 wrote: Sera is not low range to me... What sera says is 0 is around 15 on salifert.

Yep. Test kits can't be relied upon for true low range readings.

Can you post a pic showing us what the coral look like?

Let me know if you need step-by-step instructions for posting pics. Since you're an LSU fan, I'm sure the tech is quite confusing for you :)

Skriz;961852 wrote: Let me know if you need step-by-step instructions for posting pics. Since you're an LSU fan, I'm sure the tech is quite confusing for you :)

Haha, my dad graduated from Tech so...

Here's my parameters.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
961860=54414-image.jpg
>
961860=54414-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Here's a candy ante I got at the frag swap. It's closed up a little more than yesterday. I'm using AI SOL blues
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
961862=54415-image.jpg
>
961862=54415-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back