finally peace and quiet!

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
i finally got a replacement pump for my return the old one was the lifegard quiet one 6000 it had gotten so loud you could hear it upstairs from the den in my bedroom replaced it with a hydor seltz d DC pump this thing is almost silent i finally got my wife off my back i feel liberated! lol

Hahahah - I'm seriously laughing but I'm not sure that's how to adequately try and spell it out. Good on you for changing it out, I know sometimes things like that can take a lot longer than they should. I'm laughing because I've just now gotten used to the new quiet return pump on my display tank. I replaced it last week and I'm only now started walking in the room and not thinking "What's wrong? Something doesn't sound right!" For the past few year (it seems) the only time my tank was truly quiet was when something was wrong with the Danner Model 5 and it wasn't working. That particular pump was a true work horse and has been in service on that tank for nearly 20 years. Seriously. I've replaced volutes, screws and a lot of impellers but the main body has been the same for a long, long time.

during the day - I can barely hear my tank. At night though, I can hear the hum throughout my house. One pump isn't solely responsible. Between the Return, the reactor feed, & skimmer - it makes a very noticeable hum.

Back