Finally Upgrades my Led's

pbyrmartin

Market
Reaction score
Well I have been debating an upgrading my Reef Breeder Photon 60 over 150G (5ft), but last week I pull the trigger on it.
I Got (3) of the Kessil A360NE.
The reef breeder did ok with decent growth, color was ok also
Things were going good until last October, I had a pretty bad ALK swing that burn almost all my sps and lost a few.
The tank came back better than expected,
But right away I notice a big difference in the two lights and I am not talking about the shimmer, the coverage is much more even across the tank and bottom to top.
With the reef breeder the PAR varies widely in the tank but with the Kessil it was very subtle from the bottom to midway up and front to back.
Both lights hang 15” off the water, now I have good PAR at the back of the tank, before I didn’t.
Overall I like the Kessil better, but it should be better it cost a lot more.

That’s just my take on the Kessil and the Reef Breeder.

Let's see what is does on color

I'll be interested in seeing your results. I've had the photon 48 for about 3 yrs, it's a great led and had to replace the led board recently.

Bcavalli;1109880 wrote: I'll be interested in seeing your results. I've had the photon 48 for about 3 yrs, it's a great led and had to replace the led board recently.

Will do

How is the spectrum on the 48
I have a 48 over my frag tank it's over 3 years old.
Maybe it's me but I think the blues are a little faded
The whites seem to over power the blues at low settings

Well now that you say that. That's the exact reason why I had to replace my LED board. The blues were burning out. As soon as I change the board it lit right up. It's way brighter than it was before and made a huge difference in coral growth and color.

A replacement board is really inexpensive. I may have a new 32" replacement led board in a box somewhere.

here is a pic
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Wow I love it. You can't go wrong with those lights and a rimless tank. At least , so I hear. Lol. They are not in my budget.

pbyrmartin;1109901 wrote: that rimless was a big decision

Is it 80g?
I have the same one.
Great tank imo
Looks good w the lights too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back