Finnex Heater

liverock27

Market
Reaction score
I had baught a 50w Finnex titanium digital heater to use in my Biocube the first of January. This weekend it started reading funny temps in the tank and then this morning the heater stopped working. I called Finnex, they don't post their phone# anywhere on their website by the way, and they told me that it sounded like the heater itself leaked and that was not covered under the warranty. They told me I could mail it to them and they would look into the problem, but that I would have to pay for them to fix the heater or they could sell me a new heater for $30 plus shipping. The tank temp only dropped 3 degrees before I caught the problem and everyone in the tank looks to be doing well, but now half my tank is being taken up by the only other heater I had on hand which is 250watts.
Sorry this thread really doesn't have a purpose other than to try and make me feel better. Hope yall are all having a better start to the week than I am.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Finnex products. There are message boards filled with problems with all of their products. Sorry you have been added to that list.

I recommend Marineland Stealth heaters. They're thermal plastic with auto shutoff so they can't overheat or shatter. I sold tons of those while working retail and only ever had one go bad. It was covered by a lifetime warranty and the store replaced it.

I have yet to find a decent Ti heater. I've used Won, Aqua Medic, Aqua Euro(the WORST), and one I can't remember. Even the Won D-58 LCD controllers crap out on me. I have two now reading 80 degree tanks at 138 degrees. I won't trust a glass or quartz tube heater.

Thanks for the suggestions on the heater. I will have to check with our sponsors to see if anyone carries it. I went ahead and paid the $4 to ship the heater to Finnex, so I guess I should probably hear back from them Thursday or Friday that they will not cover the heater.

+1 to the plastic heaters. I use the Visi-Therm ones with no problems:
prod_display.cfm

Another Visitherm Stealth heater person here. I would actually pay good money for a top of the line heater as all of them seem to have problems, but I have never really found a top of the line heater.

The Petsmart by me has the Marineland Stealth heaters, so I think tomorrow on my way home I am going to stop by and pick one up. Thanks for the recommendations.

Back