fire sale literally

wmboots

Market
Reaction score
those of you that are FB friends know by now that I lost everything when my home burnt down on the 17th of this month. Miraculously one of the two rooms that weren't completely destroyed by fire was the room I had my aquarium in. Everything in the tank was killed due to heat, fresh water and power going off within the first 5 minutes of the fire. I will not be setting up a new system for quite sometime as I will be renting for I don't know how long while I battle with an insurance company that says that quite convienently for them they had declined to renew my homeowner policy on the 15th just 2 days before the fire (which is a story in its own and will not go into it here but if anyone has any knowledge or works in the insurance business I would welcome some advice) in any case I have a 150 gallon display tank that holds water (being it is still filled) a 35 gallon 4 section sump, reef octopus 150 or 200 skimmer (I don't recall at this time), Iwaki closed loop pump, mag 12 return pump, carbon filter with pump and tons of other including, MRC 3 chamber 30 gallon sump (still has paper on bottom never used) ice cap ballast, advanced t5 ballasts etc etc etc.
Do not ask for pictures it is painfull enough to know I'm having to part with these items and add to that point I haven't put a price tag on any of it I can tell you there is more than just a few thousand in equipment that I am forced to sell. I'm open to offers BUT PLEASE don't try to insult me with some sort of low ball my loss is your gain attitude I will smash and destroy the stuff first I've lost everything else except for my and my wifes lives along with our 4 dogs and the clothes we had on when we got out of the house I can bring myself to weild a hammer if necessary too. Sorry if the last couple of sentences sound rough but that is pretty much my state of mind at this time. Those of you that know me over the past several years on this forum know that I'm the kind of guy who gives away frags, equipment etc but this time I have to put a $$$ sign up. PM me for more details on the tank and other equipment if interested and I will try to give you a decent deal on some great equipment.

Sorry to hear all this. Praying for the family.

Also if I and my family can help you guys in any way please let us know. I'm sure I have tons of cloths and shoes I can donate.

May have some furniture and other items

If there is anything i can do to help, I live not to far from you.

Folks, I helped drill this tank and can attest that it is in great shape. If I could, I would snatch it up right now.

Bill, you know how to reach me. If you need anything all you need to do is call.

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Thanks for the kind words rich and the well wishes from the responses. For those of you who have sent pm's I will do my best to get you answers by monday evening after I take stock of lights, get measurements and try to put fair prices on items. A couple items requested won't be available until I get debris moved out of the way.

Sadness to hear of your lost. I would hope that maybe ARC could have a fundraiser of some type during a monthly meeting to give back to a fellow reefer.

Wannabee

Back