First Death [emoji22]. And a question?

hatzo1

Market
Reaction score
Well we had our first passing. Our Powder Blue Tang Lucifer passed today. I had a feeling something was wrong when he quit eating after being a monster come feeding time. Kinda sad but relieved to.
Brings me to my next issue he is way under all my rock and I know the peppermint shrimp and others clean up crew are on it.
Do move all my rock work to get it or do I leave him and let the clean up crew take care of things ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s out was easier than I thought with my rock work. It is both sad and ok that it happened it was a devil of a fish wouldn’t let me add any other fish. So now I can actually have more than 5 small fish in a 125.

Get him out for sure.

Couple tips for future tangs and aggression. Add them last and if they still show aggression add a mirror or a picture of another tang to the outside of the DT (temporarily). I’ve had success with that in the past with powder blues.

Get him out for sure.

Couple tips for future tangs and aggression. Add them last and if they still show aggression add a mirror or a picture of another tang to the outside of the DT (temporarily). I’ve had success with that in the past with powder blues.

This one was doing great (had it for 2 months)until he saw himself in the reflective back of the tank and spent a week going at the glass and swimming in the power head current. Afterward no appetite or interest then I guess while at work it died.
I will stay away from PBT from now on and just possible get some other type tangs after I get the test of my stock now. Thanks for the advise regarding tangs.

Sorry to hear about your pbt :(. I've got a pbt in one of my tanks and it is definitely one of the most territorial fish I've owned... I agree with dine that the mirror thing does work when adding new fish but I can see it dying from obsession as well over its own reflection. I left the mirror on its tank one night and the fish literally stayed next to the mirror all night long attacking its own reflection.

Ditto. My PBT is the tank bully. He seems to shift focus every week to a different fish. For awhile there he hated my wrasse and wouldn't let him come out of the rock work. All is well now. Only reason he is still in the tank is you can't beat the beauty of the fish.

PBTs are my favorite tang. Mine is a nut job for sure, but he seems to become less aggressive towards the new guys the older he gets.

PBTs are my favorite tang. Mine is a nut job for sure, but he seems to become less aggressive towards the new guys the older he gets.

I loved watching mine , but again I’m happy I can now stock my tank with more than 6 fish LOL. It’s not out of the question to get another down the road but at the moment it’s a no. I really like a peaceful tank . My first fish were my clowns and they have personalities that are fun to interact with when feeding . I know that they can be devils to . So right now I just have the pair of clowns and 3 Blue Chromis in the 125 so lots of room.

I loved watching mine , but again I’m happy I can now stock my tank with more than 6 fish LOL. It’s not out of the question to get another down the road but at the moment it’s a no. I really like a peaceful tank . My first fish were my clowns and they have personalities that are fun to interact with when feeding . I know that they can be devils to . So right now I just have the pair of clowns and 3 Blue Chromis in the 125 so lots of room.

HA - my clowns are "fun" to interact with too - if you count having to be in separate tanks and them biting you if you even think about getting your hand close to the top of the water as fun.

They do get along with all our other fish though.

Back