First fish loss :(

dapperjman

Market
Reaction score
I have had my first loss of a saltwater fish...and it happened in such a horrible way. I was about to head in to work today but before I did I decided to feed the fish some LRS frozen nano blend. I broke off a small piece and held it in the water as the clowns like to pull from it. Once it's thawed enough I break it up and let it float everywhere while they go crazy. After a few minutes as I'm packing up my stuff, my wife gets concerned and I see one of the clownfish start to swim sideways and his mouth was opening and closing. He started to dart at the top of the water and I figured he was trying to clear some food, so I decided to leave him be. After a few more minutes he started to slow down and drift, so as my wife panicked I netted him out and used a safety pin to pull a chunk of food out of his mouth. At that point though, the fish had stopped moving at all and after trying to revive him with the power head I determined he was dead :(

I just had to write it all out...it helps I think. So sad though since he was still very young (1.5 yrs old)

Back