first reef tank delema

delloman

Supporting
Reaction score
well so i got some frags for mt new tank yesterday and a realy realy nice wight anemone well 5 mins after i turn off the light its in a power head. so i grab a drumal tool and start cutting the plastic plate it's cot on away was not had i go to sleep when i wake up this moring its now stuck in the down pipe for my hob filter :boo: i have bin trying to free it but he is rapped arowed the tube i tryed cuting him free but its to hard to do with out cuting him good will he free him self i realy dont want to lose him he was $70
<span style="font-size: 12px;">Anemones</span>

My anemone has done the same thing before. When it happens I just turn off the power head it is stuck in and the anemone will deflate and get itself unstuck over the next few hours. The anemone will prob look banged up for a few days but it will heal over time. S just turn off your filter and just make sure to keep an eye on everything to make sure they don't start suffocating. How big is the anemone and the tank you're keeping it in?

I had a similar issue with my anemone. He got stuck in the powerhead a ouple times and I found that the easiest thing was to turn off power and let it release on its own.

it's about the size of a baseball the tank is a 40g breeder it will be going in my 224g when its ready this is good to hear i was able to get it out last night no problem but this one is worse any one have a whisper HOB tube end they don't need? i kind of F***** mine up:eek:

It will free itself, thats always the best way to do it. Sounds like you have several spots to "anemone proof" in the holding tank, and take all this into consideration when you build the 225.....

Accomplished reefers sometimes make this same mistake, me included. Its uncanny how anemones will move directly for a powerhead everytime (and with more speed than we give them credit), but once they find a place they like, they typically stay put.

ya he is starting to let it go it looked like he was trying to eat the plastic i just got some shrimp from publix anything i should do special when i try to feed him today?

Back