Fish Acclimation Container

oz

Market
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you guys and gals introduce fish into your aquariums especially those with aggressive and non aggressive fish like me.

I always used to get nervous putting smaller fish in my tank with triggers and such flying around thinking everything new in the tank is food so I took 5 minutes to put an acclimation container together months ago.

Container store, drill holes, add an acrylic piece for the mag float to hold onto and it seems to work very well. Introduces the fish to tank mates calmly and let's the aggressive guys know the newbies aren't food. The lid is on the container to keep them inside but can't see it from this angle.

After drip acclimation the newbies go into the container in the tank for a while.

Figured I would share.

Acclimation.jpg
alt="" />

My real camera battery died so this is a crappy iphone shot.

Sweet! I did something similar to indroduce a male maroon clown to an established female but never thought to use it for regular acclimations. I will now, thanks!

jmaneyapanda;539321 wrote: I have to take picture when I get home. Needless to say, it cost me a *little* more than Oz's probably did.

Well?

Back