Fish capture ideas?

hammerhead

Reaction score
Trying to get a 5 inch tang out of my tank -need ideas!!
Tank is a 110 tall with lots of rock for tang to hide. I tried large baited soda bottle with top cut off but no luck. That's how I got him last time, maybe he remembers?
Suggestions?

Put a net in and let it get used to seeing it, during feeding while its distracted scoop him up.
Some people also say to turn on your lights in the middle of the night, and catch it while it is stunned.

LSU_fishFan;1067325 wrote: Put a net in and let it get used to seeing it, during feeding while its distracted scoop him up.
Some people also say to turn on your lights in the middle of the night, and catch it while it is stunned.

+1 get em while he's asleep. Mine have a tendency to remember the last way they were caught.

He sleeps behind the inaccessable rock wall-smart fish. Way to quick to net, wary of traps. His diet of the finest fish foods has made him a super tang! Well a fat super tang

Try this. Have an extra power head ready in the tank and after a few hours of lights out turn the lights on and point the power head where he sleeps, be ready with a net. He most likely will act stunned and blow around in the current allowing you to scoop him up if you act quickly. It's worth a try. :)

Good Idea but I made sort of a wall of live rock the width of the tank that tapers back toward the back wall of the tank with various voids for fish to swim in/out off. plus its like 30 inches deep so the fish can avoid the flow from the power head. Its a virtual fish fortress!!

Trout sized barbless hook and light line. I messed around for weeks once trying to catch a few specific fish. Did this at feeding time and was done in a few minutes.

MorganAtlanta;1067434 wrote: Trout sized barbless hook and light line. I messed around for weeks once trying to catch a few specific fish. Did this at feeding time and was done in a few minutes.

hammerhead;1067438 wrote: I'm gonna try this...gotta get some tiny barbless hooks
thanks for the idea.

Let us know how that works.

Seems a little mean to the fish:unsure:

Back