Fish feeder recommendations

tonytran509

Reaction score
Im looking at fish feeders for my salt tank. Any recommendations? Ive left for 7 days before with my fresh tanks no issues but i feel like thats too risky with salt water. Let me know what you guys are using. Thank you

Apex auto feeder but be careful with size pellets you use and it has a tendency to dump or misbehave in my experience.

Besides the Neptune Apex I have a Lifegard Intellifeed, an Eheim and a couple of imagitariums, they all work fine. The lifegard intellifeed has the same body as the Neptune Apex feeder and works on batteries or AC adapter. The other two run on AAA batteries. If I had to pick a favorite I'd say Neptune or Lifegard

I've always used eheim feeders and have never had any problems. Well except that one time I had the screen cover off the tank and knocked the feeder into the tank.Of course one of the batteries fell behind the live rock. That was a tense 15 minutes:eek:

I had an ehiem as well but for me over time it stopped working so well. Recently purchased 2 of these off amazon. I like the fact that they recharge with a cell phone charger. Its supposed to last 3 months on one charge. Decent price too. Got 2 for 35 bux. Plan on tryin it out tonight.20200324_173407.jpg20200324_173416.jpg

Back