Fish Food Question

insomnia

Reaction score
I screwed yesterday and left my Rod's Food out for about 4 hours and it thawed completely out. I stuck it back in the freezer but is it safe to keep using or do I need to by a new pack. I have other food I am using but would like to know if the Rod's is still ok. Thanks

Ummm... that is a tricky situation. You can put a small amount into a cup with sfresh salt water and run an ammonia test on it. If you get ammonia, I would toss it!

Using a standard freezer, you create larger ice crystals which puncture the cell wall causing the food to lose nutritional value. Flash freezing prevents this from happening.

Danny, that is a great point, but sucks for me. Hummm. I make up a batch of food, add selcon, beta-clucan, garlic, etc and freeze in ice cube tray for daily portions. I cover each portion with ro water. What ya think?

Thanks for all the good info! If the food was frozen at the company is it flash frozen?

mysterybox;368365 wrote: Danny, that is a great point, but sucks for me. Hummm. I make up a batch of food, add selcon, beta-clucan, garlic, etc and freeze in ice cube tray for daily portions. I cover each portion with ro water. What ya think?

I'm torn on that scenario. I'd argue though, that everything you add more than makes up for what you're losing. It's not a complete nutritional loss after all.

Back