fish food

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
what meaty foods do you guys feed your fish? i just have brine shrimp left but i heard mysis shrimp is probably better for them i will be going out to buy more food in the weekend

Honestly I've switched to using Larry's Reef Frenzy for most of my corals/fish. It's relatively cheap, has a wide variety of particle sizes so just about everything finds something in the mix to its liking and seems to leave less oil/residue forming a film on the water surface.

Probably going to try their newer blend that contains fish eggs/blackworms on my next "Let's try to find a drop-in replacement for Nutramar" attempt.

BulkRate;1038835 wrote: Honestly I've switched to using Larry's Reef Frenzy for most of my corals/fish. It's relatively cheap, has a wide variety of particle sizes so just about everything finds something in the mix to its liking and seems to leave less oil/residue forming a film on the water surface.

Probably going to try their newer blend that contains fish eggs/blackworms on my next "Let's try to find a drop-in replacement for Nutramar" attempt.

do you know any local stores that carry "Larry's Reef Frenzy" i might give that one a try

Qasimja;1038839 wrote: do you know any local stores that carry "Larry's Reef Frenzy" i might give that one a try

I think most do.
I know that pure reef, sea and the fish store do.

Mysis, NLS pellets, some mix of flakes and various Rod's Fish Food

Dr Eco eggs, hikari pellets once or twice a week, and mysis or brine every now and then

Frozen- Larry's Fish Frenzy, Rods pods, Brine, mysis - misc. 1 X day
Pellets 1 x day
Nori 1 x day
Live photo plankton 2 to 3 X week

I was feeding new era marine grazer and new life spectrum regular pellets. I moved to rods herbivore blend frozen and nori. It has only been about a month but have seen a marked improvement in my fish.

My Khole tang had a parasite that I believe was marine ich except it seemed to cycle very fast he would get spots that were visible for two days then clear up then back after about five to seven days. He never lost his appetite but both him and a fox face I have hade something that looked like an infection on there pectoral fins. Both of these have cleared up and all the fish in the tank are chubby and to my eye have nice coloration and appear healthy.

I am in no way claiming that the food cured the parasite and infection but it is my opinion that having somewhat fresh mostly whole foods gives them the best chance to get there immune system up. Now if I could do the same for myself less potato chips and hamburgers and maybe my ich would clear up:shout:

Rods Food 2x week
PE Mysis 3x week
Spectrum Two Pellets 2x week
Nori 1x week

All food is soaked in garlic and vitamins for 10 minutes.

My schedule would look something like this:
Monday - PE Mysis + Nori
Tuesday - Spectrum
Wednesday - Rods Food
Thursday - PE Mysis
Friday - Pellets
Saturday - PE Mysis
Sunday - Rods Food

My herbivores get nori and/or spirulina flakes daily. I also feed daily NLS pellets and Ocean Nutrition flakes. They get Larry's about 2x per week and bloodworms/PE Mysis combo about 2x per week.

Back