Fish for a 29g?

liverock27

Market
Reaction score
I am finishing up my new setup. It is a 29g DT with custom sump/refug(one of Mark's from melevsreef). I have most of the equipment for it, but still have a few last minute things to do before I fill it up. It is going to be a SPS tank. My question is what would be a good fish(s) to put in this setup? I know it is still on the small size, but I want to do something other than Clowns. Any thoughts? Thanks yall.

You know, I found this list on nano-reef.com It is a list of recommended fish for nano tanks:

index.php

Thanks. How is your 29g coming along? I got my new light in today and am waiting on the rest of the equipment that should be here late this week.

Mine is great. I just added a phos reactor in an attempt to decrease the amount of algae I'm getting. I am getting great growth from my zoas, but I wnat the SPS to pick it up now. Do you have a certain 'theme' you are going for on your 29? Once I get my 92 going (prob FOWLR for now) I'm gonna have my 29 as a coral only, and try to maximize growth.

I am going to use an old Fluval305 as a phos/carbon reactor on this tank. It is going to be a SPS tank. I am going to run 1x250w MH and 4x24w T5s (every 2 bulbs will share a reflector). I also picked up a Vortech for water movement in the tank. Really the only thing I have left to do is get the tank drilled and finish staining the stand and canopy and then put the lights in.

SPS tank sounds good to me! I never thought I'd like SPS so much a few weeks ago. Then I got my digi. Now I have several, and have loved it so far

I plan on adding a pair of these to my 30 gallon but I wish I could find them a little cheaper. I'm trying to find something that you don't see everyday.

ItemDisplay.cfm

corvettecris;160170 wrote: You know, I found this list on nano-reef.com It is a list of recommended fish for nano tanks:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74703">http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74703</a>[/QUOTE]
Nice link. Good info for my 30 cube.

Favorite quote:

Tangs [No, Bad Newbie]

I had never been a big SPS guy either until I saw all the ones Tim and Sal have been getting in. Plus I hate the fact that Platus (Platyplakia) now has the Acro that I wanted from SWC.
I am picking up my rock tomorrow from Sal's old tank, so I had to get a rubbermade tub and turn it into a temp. holding tank.
I really like all the wrasses and anthias on the list of fish, but this is going to be an open top, so I don't think they will work. Oh well, maybe I will look at some of the dwarf angels.

I really want the dracula pair but there is no way I am ever paying that much for a fish. Sounds like you have a nice setup. Do you like the Vortech? I am thinking about looking into one.

Thanks, I have been planning this tank for acouple of months now. I am going to setup the Vortech tonight on my temp holding tank for the live rock I am picking up tomorrow. I am excited to get to mess with the controls and see what all I can do with this thing. I'll let you know how it works.

But that Dori is so small...it's only 1" long! It should be fine!

George;160186 wrote: Nice link. Good info for my 30 cube.

Favorite quote:

Tangs [No, Bad Newbie]

LorenK;160203 wrote: But that Dori is so small...it's only 1" long! It should be fine!
But I will be setting up a much larger tank just as soon as it gets a little bigger :lol2:

Back