Fish inquiry....

oz

Market
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of or seen a Red Line Anthia? Not to be confused with the red bar anthia.

I have this fish now and can't find any references to it. 4-5" male I believe that has an incredible neon face with yellow and blue lines. in the body is a thick red strip that starts at his gills and goes to his tail. the tail is forked. He's a light yellow color, has pretty big teeth and is semi-aggressive.

I can post a pick later if he comes out.

i have heard about this fish they are a real terror to you tank. they knock over corals and eat EVERYTHING you should give him to me and i iwll make sure he doesn't do any of that to your tank

ChrisOzment;175959 wrote: Anyone ever heard of or seen a Red Line Anthia? Not to be confused with the red bar anthia.

I have this fish now and can't find any references to it. 4-5" male I believe that has an incredible neon face with yellow and blue lines. in the body is a thick red strip that starts at his gills and goes to his tail. the tail is forked. He's a light yellow color, has pretty big teeth and is semi-aggressive.

I can post a pick later if he comes out.

Yeah, they arent available often, but they are pretty. Males and females arent as dimorphic as other anthias. Husbandry is comparable to a squarespot anthia.

sagent3000;175961 wrote: i have heard about this fish they are a real terror to you tank. they knock over corals and eat EVERYTHING you should give him to me and i iwll make sure he doesn't do any of that to your tank

What do you mena "eat everything"/ I highly doubt they would knock over corals and eat anything asie from planktonic foods. Defintiely not corals or inverts. Are you thinking of the right fish?

jmaneyapanda;175967 wrote: What do you mena "eat everything"/ I highly doubt they would knock over corals and eat anything asie from planktonic foods. Defintiely not corals or inverts. Are you thinking of the right fish?

you were supposed to agree with me so he could give me the fish

:) - I am normally not an Anthia fan but this guy is incredible. Already swimming in the front of the tank, not being messed with by anyone and eating like a champ. <12 hours after moving from a section of my fuge to the main tank.

I got him from a LFS where I've been several times over the past couple months and never saw him. They had him for a while, can't believe he stayed hidden for that long. I had the guy move a rock and out he popped, wow.

Here's the best shot I could come up with given his shyness to the camera and not being in the tank 24 hours.....doesn't do him an ounce of justice but you get the hint. He's about 4-5" long.

Back