fish+overflow= bad.

jade76

Market
Reaction score
can someone remind me the best way to rescue a fish (particularly a lawnmower goby) out of an overflow with very poor accessability? please.

excellent idea, however I cant reach to the bottom of the overflow with hand or net.

I managed to get my black clown out of the chambers with food and a net. Dawgdude idea seems to work well also.

When I had an overflow I had the same issue with my lawnmower on a couple occassions. I had to take my overflow off to get him out. After you get him out try putting some eggcrate over it to stop hom from doing it again.

If he was frisky enough to jump in there perhaps you can cajole him to jump out? Start beating up the back of the overflow and he might jump back :).

mmm..ive gotta check to see if I have tubing big enough.....Ill keep everyone posted... thanks to all..

I have a yllow watchman in my overflow, and I plan on siphoning him out into a bucket. Hopefully. I cant imagine it hurting him. Maybe just scaring the poo out of him.

how big is it? have you ever tried to just yank the derso and catch the fish in your sump? i have had great success with this technique in the past :thumbs:

well...jin had it right. I would have never beleived it if he wasnt in the display as we speak. I never rescued him out ...I came home this evening and he was just chilling in the display.......go figure.

Back