Fish sick after feeding

mvm

Market
Reaction score
I fed my fish some new food this evening. They ate with the same gusto as normal. A few minutes after feeding, my pintail and mckoskers went into hiding. I pintail was in the front corner, breathing slightly labored. Not sure what's up. Nothing new added in months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some new food picked up at the bbq.

Still stressed out? What did you feed them exactly? And what do you normally feed?

Spectrum pellets and pe mysis. I fed the nano v krill pacifica

My lights are ramping down. Typically they're flashing right now. Haven't seen them in an hour. Clowns seem ok.

Hmmmm best suggestion right now is to keep and eye on them. Not uncommon for fish to have some slight issues getting used to new foods. Similar to other animals. Make sense they would go hide if they are having some trouble digesting new food. Check on them in a couple of hours.

Yes. I was hesitant to post that. They seem like a great company and didn't want to cause any public speculation.

What kind? I have two of them I'm feeding now. No issues so far

How are the fish so far ?

MvM;1090798 wrote: Yes. I was hesitant to post that. They seem like a great company and didn't want to cause any public speculation.

I think if you are respectful and realistic about what you say there is no reason not to openly talk about it. Liz has been feeding V20 at the store for a good while now, and she loves it. That's I gave them the most freezer space at the store.

Keep us updated on the fish. Unless their behavior gets worse or they aren't back out by tomorrow morning. I don't think there is too much to worry about yet. And if need be we can always get Mr. Chris Turk in on this.

Both still nowhere to be seen this am.

MvM;1090825 wrote: Both still nowhere to be seen this am.

Are your lights already turning on this early? And are they normally active this time of day?

Yes and yes. Just moved a rock and splendid was in a cocoon web. Kind of stumbled out and then under another rock. Not sure what's up, but the only change is the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had fish eating pellets and mysis shrimp, the 2 of the highest quality proteins and overall nutrition that you can get....

MvM;1090833 wrote: Yes and yes. Just moved a rock and splendid was in a cocoon web. Kind of stumbled out and then under another rock. Not sure what's up, but the only change is the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bah sorry I missed this response. Cocoon web? That doesn't sound good... like he slimmed up?

Any difference/update on them today?

Moved them to QT. they seem really freaked out. Literally fine, ate. Hiding. Don't know.

Well both fish have past. The last time they ate was the v20 krill. They never ate again. Bizarre.

Back