Fish stocking question

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
we want to add at least 3 more fish. I know the qualities I’m looking for but don’t know what would work best as far as aggression level, activity level, territorialism etc.

I want swimmers, I want bright color, I lIke peaceful non-territorial fish. And something that hides all the time I’d prefer something Thad does a job like eat algae but that isn’t the bottom line criteria.
Most of the fish I have now blend in with the background except the clowns and they never come out of the corner they host. I have a standard 6 ft 125 g tank with lots of rock work.
Current fish:
1 pajama cardinal
pair of ocillaris clowns
african blue stripe cleaner fish
yellow eye kole tang
diamond goby
purple pseudo chromis
blue chromis
lawnmower blenny

Give me your best ideas!

Bright color peaceful swimmers... any fairy wrasse! $20-400 there’s a lot of options

And if you want something that hides all the time, there are some wonderful basslets and gobies that are stunning... but you won’t see them often. It’ll be a special treat though when you do see them out.

Whops! the above picture is actually a Gold Spotted Rabbit fish, also very pretty!

Here's a pic of the orangespot rabbit fish, these fish have great personalities.
1610504721503.png

Yellow Corris wrasse full time swimmer , I love that spotted rabbit fish dball suggested ,

Yellow watchman goby , will live under some rocks .
Sail fin blennys are super cool

Other options , sharknose goby maybe

Or maybe a Japanese swallowtail angle fish :cool:

Long nose hawk fish is awesome. Colorful, playful, very friendly, perched on so many things. Ours jumped, so we will eventually buy another one from Nemo if we get on that side of town.

Attachments

• A0E36490-FC55-4FB1-8A8B-F7B530768BB3.png
    A0E36490-FC55-4FB1-8A8B-F7B530768BB3.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 9
Bright color peaceful swimmers... any fairy wrasse! $20-400 there’s a lot of options

And if you want something that hides all the time, there are some wonderful basslets and gobies that are stunning... but you won’t see them often. It’ll be a special treat though when you do see them out.
No I don’t want a hider! I want a swimmer

I would consider either a yellow or purple tang (purples can be bullies) and a pair of anthias.

You could always roll the dice on an angel too. I added a Flameback Angel to my 60 and so far he’s been a model citizen.

+1 Long nosed hawk. Lots of personality.
I used do dislike Anthias, but now have 6 females and a male lyretail, and they are awesome.
Royal Gramma gives nice pop

Back