Fish suggestion

jamos5790

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm looking for a fish that will swim in the little blue circle area.

The red arrow is where my clowns hang out

The purple arrows are where my coral beauty hang out

The yellow is where my yellow watchman goby and shrimp hang out.

I do not have a lid at this time

Attachments

• 20230404_164559.jpg
    20230404_164559.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 32
Probably a banggai cardinal? I don't have one but I usually see them hovering in the middle of the tank unless they take a liking to a coral or a nem.

A school of chromis could also fill that space.

Last edited:
Yes I do think they are good options.

I do have some thoughts about them:

1. Will the banggai be easily seen with a black background? I need to look at some pictures of those who have these.

2. Will the lyretail jump out?

You’ll be able to see the banggai, their silver/white areas while highlight brightly in the light.

I feel like all fish have a risk of jumping out, but my lyretail doesn’t really go near the surface on my tank and he’s never jumped or really been spooked enough to come close, but every fish is different.

You’ll be able to see the banggai, their silver/white areas while highlight brightly in the light.

I feel like all fish have a risk of jumping out, but my lyretail doesn’t really go near the surface on my tank and he’s never jumped or really been spooked enough to come close, but every fish is different.

Ok
Thanks for the feedback

Ya, my first thought was a Cardinal of some sort. I could imagine them hanging a bit close to the rockwork until they get sorted out.

If I decide to go the Cardinal route, would you say the same as chromis, 3-4?

anthias are great, but I am not a fan of cardinals (just aesthetically, they bore me). My filefish also hangs out in that zone.

Well all i can say if you guys know how to train fish to swim in a certain area ill pay you to come show me how you do it

Chromis will swim in that zone, but they can be difficult. Note as lovely as anthias. I am a broken record, I know.

I have a little Carpenter fairy wrasse that swims out and about miat of the day. Might ne a good fit for your tank too!

Back