fish you would stock

eagle9252

Market
Reaction score
<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">I need to know what fish you would stock in your tank and why. I only have a couple of fish at the moment and want to add a couple now and some later as the tank gets through the new cycle. </span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">The tank is a 120g DT (48x24x24). It has been upgraded from a 75g DT. I have 80# of NEW Live Sand Reef Grade which is one grade up from Fiji Pink in the DT and 20# in the sump. I might add another 20# to the DT. I also upgraded the sump from a 40g to a 55g. I added about a 20oz cup full of LS from the other sump into the new sump. I have a pod condo that I will be moving to the DT tonight to help move some pods. I have a HUGE basket ball size of grape algae in the sump that is crawling with pods. </span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">I had a sand sifting starfish. It was in the temporary stock tank 2 days ago but when I moved everything I did not find it. I sifted all the sand to get the snails and the wrasses out but no star fish. I would have thought if it died it would still be there or pieces there of. </span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">This is a mixed reef and I need all fish to be reef safe. I would conceder that all the fish I have are small.med in size. They have plenty of tunnels and caves to hide in. I have at the moment:</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">2 clown fish</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">1 blue tang “ dorie”</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">1 yellow tang</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">1 male melanurus wrasse </span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">1 female melanurus wrasse </span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">1 twin spot goby</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">1 </span><span style="font-family: Calibri;">psychedelic mandarin dragonet</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">1 peppermint shrimp.</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">I want more colorful fish. I was thinking of a flame angle and I want a target mandarin and another sand sifter that is colorful. I just don’t know which. </span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Pics below are still work in progress taken on an old cell phone:^( The tank can be viewed on all 4 sides. </span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">FRONT</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">
downsized_0325022331.jpg
alt="" /></span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">BACK</span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">
downsized_0325022330a.jpg
alt="" /></span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">LEFT SIDE</span></span>

downsized_0325022331a.jpg
alt="" /></span></span>

<p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">RIGHT SIDE</span></span>

downsized_0325022330.jpg
alt="" /></span></span>

A school of anthias if you have the time to feed them throughout the day.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I love my Lyretail Anthias! The male is a really nice purple with red and yellow markings and has even started to grow bright yellow streamers off his tail. I have 3 females and they are a really bright orange.
They are very active fish as well.

Back