Fishlips 180 build

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Here we go,In 2007 set up 60 gal salt. Was plan on just keeping fish. Had to try softies.Could not get enough. In 2008 started a 90rr tank.Lost my business about that time so it was slow going.Was able to put some sps and afew lps.Been keeping both tanks going till now.Was wanting to get a big tank and put everything in it.Was always looking for a good price.Called many sponsors,and when i called Jenn at Imagine ocean,and she got right back to me with the best price on a 180 aqeon tank.Im going to be picking up my tank Wednesday 27.Dont know what time i will get there, but i dont think me and Jenn can load a 180 by ourself. If anyone can help that would be great.You can be part of my build thread LOL.Please, just let me know if afew are avalable.I have a ton of questions.Such as using the water in my two tanks,what size sump will fit under a aqueon pine stand.Have many more.Here is a pic of my two tanks.Thanks, JIM

You might want to consider building your own stand or at least get a different one I know price was probably a factor but those pine stands are crap.IMHO

I boutght a aqueon stand for the warrenty on the tank.And the price.

I just bought a used 210 gal and the guy had it on the factory aqueon pine stand and wanted to sell it for $100; I passed and built a much taller stand myself for $25 in lumber lol (of course I still need to skin it but it's nicer than the oem stuff).

naduty9y.jpg
alt="" />

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Tapatalk 2

Fishlips;842020 wrote: I boutght a aqueon stand for the warrenty on the tank.And the price.

Do you only get the warranty if you buy their stand?

Edit: Also David we're going to need a build page and lots of pics on that 210 sir.

That's going to be allot of weight on that stand, you sure that will hold it. I also built a stand but I had way more bracing underneath, maybe I just dont see it.

tbryan;842025 wrote: Do you only get the warranty if you buy their stand?

Edit: Also David we're going to need a build page and lots of pics on that 210 sir.
Thats what i was told.

Edit: I cant change gears at this point on the stand.It will be here Wednesday .I have a marineland pine stand on my 90.Are the Aqueon pine stands worse then them ,or the same.

Thinking about tomarrow,going to Jenn's to try to pick up tank.I have a few hour drive.Coming from Westminster SC.I will be coming 85 south.Would it be best for me to get off onto hwy 20.Not sure the best route.If any one or few is available would be able to help load,just let me know.Thanks Jim.

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">there is really no good way. you either go back country roads on interstate. i would think the later to be less red lights.</span></span>

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">you can come down 985 to 369 to hwy 20 or add about 20 miles if you have time and visit some other LFS while your down here. Each store is different. You could come down to Pleasant Hill Road and then follow it out to jenns you could hit 5 stores on the way. Check out the sponsors map and see where they are at. Also just down 85 a couple of miles is nemos.</span></span>

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/index.php?page=sponsormap">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/index.php?page=sponsormap</a>
[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org/index.php?page=sponsormap"></a>

Stand came In today later then i expected.So i put the trip off till Friday morning.Plus didnt want to take a chance i couldnt load it.As for my stand,I am happy with the way it looks.Not fancy,But ok for my tank to sit on.

Well, Its home.And want to thank Jenn and Brian and someone named Mark for getting it in the back of my truck.Now i need a sump.

Thanks.The coral and fish that where in the 60, are in a temporary 29.Sadly it will be a slow build.Where are those 1$ gal when you need them.Thought about a 40 breeder for a sump.

Fishlips;843690 wrote: Thanks.The coral and fish that where in the 60, are in a temporary 29.Sadly it will be a slow build.Where are those 1$ gal when you need them.Thought about a 40 breeder for a sump.

40 breeder probably won't hold enough water in case of a power outage. i'd imagine you'd need at least a 75 for a 210.

take your time on building your sump. it's hard to undo your work after you start your system.

as always, the more water volume, the better so i'd put in whatever you could fit under the stand.

if you can leave some space between the wall and the back of the aquarium/stand, it will make maintenance infinitely easier for you.

Jin.Moon;843692 wrote: 40 breeder probably won't hold enough water in case of a power outage. i'd imagine you'd need at least a 75 for a 210.

take your time on building your sump. it's hard to undo your work after you start your system.

as always, the more water volume, the better so i'd put in whatever you could fit under the stand.

if you can leave some space between the wall and the back of the aquarium/stand, it will make maintenance infinitely easier for you.
Thanks,Its my 3rd build.Its a 180, i think same foot print as 210.Which is 15 gal overflow when powers out.

Ok,When i said a slow build ,i mean slow.Tank is still without a drop of water, alot of dust though.But i am moving like a heard of turtles.I bought a 40 breeder.Here is my question.Was wanting three chambers, Intake and skimmer&gt;Return&lt;refugium and intake.Was going to have a bubble trap after the skimmer using three baffles.That eats up 3&quot;.Coming from the fuge and other intake,should i use another 3 baffles for bubble trap, or can i use 1 or 2, a over and under.Any thoughts on this lay out. And if anyone has any measurments on the chamber.I know the skimmer chamber should be 12&quot; to the first baffle.So there is 15&quot; with the bouble trap.That leaves me with 21&quot; for return and fuge,and trap.Lets say i use 2&quot; for trap,over and under baffle.That leaves me with 19&quot;.How about a 9&quot; fuge and a 10&quot; return.Keep in mind its 18&quot; wide tank.I was going to make my baffles 9&quot; tall.That would make the water volume about 22 gal.Leaving me 18 gal overflow. What do you all think.

I have my return in the center. Stand 3 baffle bubble trap coming from the skimmer but one single baffle from the fuge. No bubbles whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back