Fixture on ebay... What do you think?

chicagoman_35

Market
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a new lighting fixture for my 125... Found this one on ebay... Anyone have any thoughts? The price seems pretty fair.

a>

frank your better off talking to sam and getting an outer orbit ...or i think big d had an asume set up ...a aquamedics sexy light

or how about switching to t5 and soing a retro kit...you already have that bad *** canopy

I almost bought that same light--I think you might can get a little better price once you factor in shipping and stuff-that looks like a big light and you should be able to keep anything under it-

If you are patient you can find better deals on better lights on EBAY.

I won Lindas almost 800 dollar outer orbit for 350 bucks.

just make sure you stress to whoever you buy it from (if you buy it used), to really really really pack it well--with lights OUT of fixtures and wrapped seperately--I've had two fixtures i've bought come with broken stuff-and it's a PITA to either get it fixed or file a claim and get results-I'm sure this new light seller is just a middle man and knows how to pack it though

I think there was a thread on RC on this light and seller. Mostly positive. I will see if I can find the thread.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1234358">http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1234358</a>
i think this one has a picture of the 72" about3-5 posts down.

some thought the ballasts were the week link to this fixture.

I've been running mine for about a year and a half and love it. The only issue I have with it is the cooling fan is super loud. Great moon lights and everything is one it's own plug.

Tankandlight.jpg
alt="" />

DSC01539.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks all for the responses...
Yea Vic, I really wanted the light big d had but he sold it at the meeting.
This one on Ebay is under $600 with free shipping. Electronic ballasts ect.
I just am not sure about the reflectors and bulbs. bulbs can be changed out to higher quality, reasonably priced locally.
I AM GOING TO SIT AND WAIT A BIT TO SEE IF ANYTHING ELSE POPS UP!

What ballast brand is it using? That to me would be the big question here.

Back