flame being a buthole!!!!!

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
ok i got a pair of clowns and he has been giveing them hell and also giveing my sixline hell. im sitting up a 40gal. if i was to put him in there for a few weeks then put him bake in the other tank you think he would stop this. it has only been going on since i put them back in the tank form the break down???

You might try an eggcrate divider, if there's room for one. Give the fish a chance to work out their differences with a protective screen in between.

Linda Lee;300929 wrote: You might try an eggcrate divider, if there's room for one. Give the fish a chance to work out their differences with a protective screen in between.

Good suggestion Linda Lee. I'm currently trying it with a copperband. I'm using an acrylic divider. Copperband on the right with clowns, anthias and flame angel. On the left side, I have the purple and yellow tang. It has been that way since Saturday. How long would you say I should keep it there?

well with my rock work i dont think that is a choice. lol there is way to mant holes and caves to get from one side to the other.. i think im just going to rehome the clowns in the 40gal when it is up i hope it wont be long

grouper;300932 wrote: Good suggestion Linda Lee. I'm currently trying it with a copperband. I'm using an acrylic divider. Copperband on the right with clowns, anthias and flame angel. On the left side, I have the purple and yellow tang. It has been that way since Saturday. How long would you say I should keep it there?

A month or so.

I wouldn't put a CBB in with a yellow tang though. These fish typically don't get along and you may doom the CBB into being terrorized to death. :(

jgilley84;300890 wrote: im sitting up a 40gal. if i was to put him in there for a few weeks then put him bake in the other tank you think he would stop this. it has only been going on since i put them back in the tank form the break down???

This could work. Especially if you reaquascape the main tank a bit before adding him back in. Do your clowns have an anemone? Angel probably wouldn't bother them if they did. As for a six-line, I've never known them to take any guff from another fish for very long.

A lot of dwarf angels have territoriality issues. I had to get rid of mine because it would constantly harass new fish.

so i think im going to just rehome him in the 40 or rehome the pair in there and get some other rare fish and be done with it what about that if they make it for a few more weeks

Depends on the available foods and space. The 40 would calm him down if it has ample food. If not be prepaired to feed him small twice a day while the other tank grows out. Also it gives everyone else time to establish some spaces of their own until he gets back in. Didn't check up on the break down. What is he used to? May just need some lights out time to figure out what is his calmly

well i had to take the tank down for a day or 2 bc we were doing hard wood floors in the house and him and the six line and the 2 firefish and the 2 cards as well. well i put them back in the big tank and about 5 days later maby a week i wetn to tims to just look and ended up with the naked clowns and the 1st two days they were in the tank it was cool well know he is being a dick

Drunk?
Quit dosing. Maybe he is an angry drunk. Just kidding. Try the lights out thing. Just for a day

jgilley84;301663 wrote: well let me use him for a day or 2... but wait if he would be that he would do that to the other fish

Nope, our potters has no interest in any other fish in our tank. Swims side by side with all of them.

..... until we put the queen angelfish in the tank. Then that potters became a barracuda!!

ok well its going to be a few weeks before i get the other tank u. so do you guys think i can get a nem and see if the clowns will host it and maybe the flame will leave them alone. my tank has been going a year

i would say the nem would keep the flame angel away.. but in my tank my clowns are king of the domain.. maybe just because mine are big?

Back