Flasher or Fairy?

weaglereefer

Market
Reaction score
Well I caught my Six Line as I want something a little cooler. It will be a lone wrasse, not a m/f group. I was looking at a McCosker's Flasher or a Leopard Wrasse. My LFS had a female leopard that was there for a few weeks and was eating great on frozen food, so I put her on hold to catch my six line, and the guy sold her the next day.

Any other wrasses that are particularly showy or cool looking? It will be the only wrasse in the tank. Thanks!

I really like my McCoskers wrasse....very active addition to my 28 gallon and is small. Eats OSI flake food, Rods and loves ORA Glo that I bough primarily for my Clowns...flashes for food! Would recommend. I have a six-line in my 55 also, but the McCoskers is just stunning.

I picked him up at Keen Reef.

mcCoskers are cool. but i really like the flasher wrasses also known as filament finned

go to live aquaria and scroll to wrasses and you can see pics and all about them.
I love them all. Barbara said it the other day its best to mix the different colors. Jin is one of the resident experts. He has about 50 in his 80 gallon. :)

Can you mix fairy and flasher wrasses in a 75g tank? I am going to look at a McCosker flasher and a Lubbock fairy wrasse this weekend. Tks Holley

You can mix them. I do.

As for recommendations you can't go wrong with any of those suggested above.

I think your original concept of getting a leopard wrasse is still a good one. They're not that common although traditionally a lil harder to keep. Just make sure yours is eating heartily before you take it home.

Yah I have a filament flasher and love it as well. If they don't get to be top fish though they lose some of their flair. That's the case with most flashers in general though. They tend to have fragile egos :).

I was at blue planet and was going to get a flasher wrasse but we couldn't see it so she tried catching it to move it to a better view, needless to say we lost the sucker. but i am going to get one along with the carpenters from barb and the yellow coris from blue planet. i can't wait, might get some more, heck I may be the next Jin..... mmm, nah lol

Bah, you don't want to be next me. I'm just a washed up gigalo trying to feed his kids. You're young, the world is your oyster, snatch it up! Be the next Skriz or Mojo or EricmcJ :).

Duh, who would want to be you, come on you think i was serious. I jsut want your wrasse tank and i want Skriz's big tank and well, i dunno what mojo has but i'm sure i'd want it as well :D Haven't seen ericmcj's tank though but i am sure i'd like it too :)

But i like your Kill it with Fire motto, works great for me :D hehehe(evil laugh)

Do you want to know the secret to life?

"It's not about having what you want but wanting what you have..."

It took me a lifetime to master but once you do you will never be happier... :)

I know, but i just want a nice big tank to stare at. not that my 40 is doing that enough. homework is hard to do in my room. just so pretty and i stare for ever.

sorry au01st for taking your thread.

Back