Flashing Achilles

haninja

Lifetime
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">Have you ever seen something like this? It almost looked like he was courting the Heniochus, he was flashing like that for less then a minute, then turned back to his normal color. This picture in not doctored by any means…</span>

<span style="font-family: Verdana;">
Picture082_1.jpg
alt="" /></span>

LOL. Mine used to do that until he got used to the Majestic Angel eating his Nori. My Achilies would pin the Majestic between the nori clip and the glass. He would turn that light color for a sec or 2, while the majestic nibbles his food. After awhile they get used to it and now he never does it.

<span style="font-family: Verdana;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">I got him at SWC. Achilles are known to be very finicky eaters. I lucked out with this one as he eats almost everything including flakes. Sal and the SWC crew had a few successful Achilles orders. If you do get one, make sure he has been in the store for a few weeks and is eating well before taking him home. Prepare all kinds of frozen food for him to try. Then, be ready to return him to the store if he doesn’t eat within a few days. And, to state the obvious, put him in a big tank…</span>
</span>

haninja;199555 wrote: <span style="font-family: Verdana;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"> Then, be ready to return him to the store if he doesn’t eat within a few days. </span></span>

Hanin, no offense, but this comment sucks! Aim to provide a good home, and buy smart. You shouldnt get a fish if yuo arent sure its healthy and eating. If it eats in the store, and not your tank, then there is probably something wrong. I think passing the buck to the store is pretty shady, but thats just my opinion.

jmaneyapanda;199598 wrote: Hanin, no offense, but this comment sucks! Aim to provide a good home, and buy smart. You shouldnt get a fish if yuo arent sure its healthy and eating. If it eats in the store, and not your tank, then there is probably something wrong. I think passing the buck to the store is pretty shady, but thats just my opinion.
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Jeremy, no offense either, but sometimes fish will not adjust well to a new surrounding however good it is. I bought fish before that looked very healthy in the store and were eating good but became very timid in my tank and would not eat which in turn made them weak and susceptible to illness. And I’m not “passing the buck to the store”, I’m using the store as a cushion, if you will, so you have an ‘exit plan’ if the fish doesn’t acclimate well rather then just watch him die in your tank. I think developing a good relationship with LFS will benefit both us and the store in the sense that that particular fish might not be happy in your tank but he might be happy in someone else’s and everybody gains from this relationship.</span></span>

haninja;199610 wrote: <span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Jeremy, no offense either, but sometimes fish will not adjust well to a new surrounding however good it is. I bought fish before that looked very healthy in the store and were eating good but became very timid in my tank and would not eat which in turn made them weak and susceptible to illness. And I’m not “passing the buck to the store”, I’m using the store as a cushion, if you will, so you have an ‘exit plan’ if the fish doesn’t acclimate well rather then just watch him die in your tank. I think developing a good relationship with LFS will benefit both us and the store in the sense that that particular fish might not be happy in your tank but he might be happy in someone else’s and everybody gains from this relationship.</span></span>

So be it. If the store you are speaking of is willing to do this for you, good for both of you. It simply appeared that you were suggesting that someone should buy a fish, and if it doesnty look to be doing good, just take it back. I think that is very unconscienscious. If this was not your intention, I apologize. Everyone should research and study their potential purchases throroughly before buying. Keeping a fish in your tank, and returning to the store to die there, and get your money back, rather than focus on doing your best with the best possible husbandry is what I object to.

useing a store as a cushion is dirty pool in my book,i took the first one back as a curdosy,and as a friend it dishardens me that you would even post something like that..................

<span style="font-family: Verdana;">Sal, I value our relationship a lot and do consider you a friend as well. You have done for me what nobody in this hobby had, and I told you so.</span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">What is more disheartening is that some people in this club have menace in their heart to get you to react to my post in the way you did. </span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I hope you feel better after our phone conversation, because, at the end of the day, I don’t give a **** what other people think, only that we are good.</span>

<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I need to step a way for a while!</span>

haninja;200646 wrote: <span style="font-family: Verdana;">Sal, I value our relationship a lot and do consider you a friend as well. You have done for me what nobody in this hobby had, and I told you so.</span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">What is more disheartening is that some people in this club have menace in their heart to get you to react to my post in the way you did. </span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I hope you feel better after our phone conversation, because, at the end of the day, I don’t give a **** what other people think, only that we are good.</span>

<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I need to step a way for a while!</span>

Hanin:

I hope you were not referring to me with your comment, but, alas, a believe you were. I sincerely hope you didnt take offense personally to my comment. I meant no disrespect. It is apparent that you took some personal offense to my comments as malicious or subversive, but I can guarantee you they were not. They were merely a comment or reflection on what was stated.

FWIW, I do not agree with some of the things you said, but my "pet cause" in this case is the disapproval with the belief that the fish store is always responsible. I had no idea that we were discussing SWC, or was trying to "sway" any opinion as stated. I simply find it improper to buy something in a known condition, and return it for reason which are no fault of the store.

Nontheless, I hope you can see I wasnt intending to stir the pot, belittle, nor agitate.

Back