Flatworm - Acoel ?

Medium? They can spread and just end up making things look bad. They aren't as bad as the red (red planria) in terms of size but if they get a high enough population they can start to irritate to corals. I've had them in my display and never treated and they vanished with the help of a melanarus wrasse. I've also had acoel's and the red one's in my different frag systems over the years but I always treat when I see them because I sell out of that tank. Honestly, once you get an eye for them, you'll see them all over the place. When @FutureInterest did his coral pest presentation they were listed as "nuisance" and I think that's about right. They don't represent an immediate threat to any livestock but can get annoying if the population explodes.

If you do want to treat them, do it sooner rather than later. Flatworm Exit isn't toxic to anything in your tank but it's the dying flatworms that release toxins that can screw things up. The sooner you treat, the lower the population will be. Honestly, if I were in your position, I'd look into a wrasse and let it do it's thing.

Medium? They can spread and just end up making things look bad. They aren't as bad as the red (red planria) in terms of size but if they get a high enough population they can start to irritate to corals. I've had them in my display and never treated and they vanished with the help of a melanarus wrasse. I've also had acoel's and the red one's in my different frag systems over the years but I always treat when I see them because I sell out of that tank. Honestly, once you get an eye for them, you'll see them all over the place. When @FutureInterest did his coral pest presentation they were listed as "nuisance" and I think that's about right. They don't represent an immediate threat to any livestock but can get annoying if the population explodes.

If you do want to treat them, do it sooner rather than later. Flatworm Exit isn't toxic to anything in your tank but it's the dying flatworms that release toxins that can screw things up. The sooner you treat, the lower the population will be. Honestly, if I were in your position, I'd look into a wrasse and let it do it's thing.
I guess i didnt pay much attention to that presentation because I was probably stuffing my face with food.

Back