Flex PVC fittings

dapperjman

Market
Reaction score
I'm replacing some bulkheads and had to cut a fitting out since everything was glued. I've seen someone else use flexible PVC fittings, but it was on a bottom drilled tank (if that matters) and he just used the metal bands to keep it together, no glue.

I'm trying to think about down the road if I have to break the tank down to move or something, and was wondering if anyone has used or can recommend flex PVC fittings?

jtsreef;1001778 wrote: They have them at hd or lowes. Just don't use the metal clamps in the sump. They have plastic ones also
Have you ever used any? And if so, any leaks over time?

If you're talking about a Uniseal fitting - that would be fine. Google uniseal.

The general use for uniseals is on irregular or curved containers where a standard bulkhead can't be used (i.e. brute trash cans for RO/Mix setups). Some use it in place of bulkheads on sumps too. I personally use them on my brute mixing containers and on a 3" pipe I have between sumps (bulkhead not practical for that diameter pipe). Everywhere else I use bulkheads though.

JJ Ocean;1001789 wrote: If you're talking about a Uniseal fitting - that would be fine. Google uniseal.

The general use for uniseals is on irregular or curved containers where a standard bulkhead can't be used (i.e. brute trash cans for RO/Mix setups). Some use it in place of bulkheads on sumps too. I personally use them on my brute mixing containers and on a 3" pipe I have between sumps (bulkhead not practical for that diameter pipe). Everywhere else I use bulkheads though.
I'm using normal bulkheads too, but meant the plumbing past them. I was referring to something more like this:

The picture you posted is a Furnco, I would not use it but it should be reef safe. Its essentially rubber, no different from some of the gaskets and O rings in some of the pumps and canisters already used in our tanks.

Back