Flow accelerator

chull13

Market
Reaction score
Anyone ever use these? Do they work? I am thinking about using them on my 2 returns.

merchant.mvc

Talk with Mark (flyingarmy) I hear these are best with a pressure rated pump for the return.

I love these things, but they do require some presure. IMO 5-6 psi at the nozzle is good 7-8 psi is better. Less the 4-5 psi at the nozzle dont bother.

The ones i used are called Penductors, MCR has them. i never tryed the brand in your Photo.

How do you determine the psi? I was thinking of using a mag 9.5 and running it though a scwd. The head pressure would be around 5 ft for the mag and then take off more flow by using the scwd. I am not thinking there will be enough pressure by the time it reaches these.

Nah, MAGS arent pressure rated. Those larger external ones is really what you need.

I tried one of the penductors (loc line) on my returns and didn't see benefit. I'm running a mag 18 split into 4 returns (I only put the penductor one one return) and didn't have enough flow/pressure for it to work.

Alright, bump this idea. I should have enough flow anyways with 2 koralia 3s on a 36" tank.

27" of water =1 psi. so if your pump was rated at 20 feet head you would have 9 PSI at the pump. Then subtract some for plumbing 90s distance to tank... and you might end up with 6-7 psi at nozzle. They also need about 250-300gph at each nozzle.

SCWD aren't recommended to use with flow accelerators

I found them to increase the backpressure on the pump. They did work extremely well though.

I am using 2 eductors tied to a scwd powered by a mag 9.5.

I bought mine from a guy on ebay a DIY thing which you could easily make yourself for about 2 bucks each but I bought his for 5 plus shipping and man do they flow!

Mine are hard piped in and do not have the line loc which in retrospect is important because mine are only about 2" from the surface and they will pull air off the top so a line loc redo is in order.

They work fantastic. here is a link to the ones I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-Flow-eductor-return-nozzle-increase-flow-2-3X_W0QQitemZ300205132438QQihZ020QQcategoryZ46312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-Flow-eductor-return-nozzle-increase-flow-2-3X_W0QQitemZ300205132438QQihZ020QQcategoryZ46312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem</a>

I painted mine black with Krylon Fusion.

Very very simple DIY.

Seedless Reefer;150716 wrote: Np.....I HOPE you are taking care of MY skimmer?
haha well Linda said it was to big for her anyways ... and yes that thing well get lots of TLC!

See this is what Linda didn't understand....it wasn't too big for MY tank and MY octo 100 is perfect for HER tank.

Get it?

lol sorry buddy I guess I just beat ya to it...if it doesnt work out for me ill sell it to you for $25 less then I paid for it.

ok :D.

I looked at it for a bit and waffled but heres the thing I found them N.I.B for 144.99 on ebay so I can live with that price if need be HOWEVER, I am now waffling on Big D's and I could buy Linda a bright, shiny new JEBO!

Back