flow

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
what would be best for a 75g with sps, lps, softies, and a carnation coral?

the return is a mag 7 opitons are in poll.

Victor626nj;141683 wrote: 2 seio 1500 forget the maxi jets
how about only 1, maybe the person is cheap:shades: j/k. i guess my question is answered i should just take the $30.

wbholwell;141695 wrote: Annce, how long have you had that carnation coral?

not mine, someones whose tank i set up and bought it without asking me but the store told him he needs to feed it phyto everyday and he has no problem doing that.

if you go to members tanks it is titled terrence wallers 75g.

It's a trick question! All type of coral listed need different flow patterns! Ha, good try! And a Carnation, while being Dendronepthya, is still a softie... *sigh*

strongr;141723 wrote: Victor,
do you think 2 Hydor Korilia 4's is to much for a 75 gallon

NEVER!! I just got 2 3's and wish I would have gotten 4's

4s are pretty much a good option on anything that is 4' or higher and at least 18" wide. Even in a smaller 50g, I would probably buy two and alternate them every other day.

I wouldn't go with the MJs.

Doing that will give you a nice even growth on the corals and if one breaks you have a built in backup while you resolve the problem. After reading a ton about flow, laminar flow is in many ways superior to the random flow many people try to achieve. By pushing the water column from left to right you get a lot of forces working in your favor that actually make a powerhead more effecient and laminar flow in a tank at some point becomes turbulent as it spreads out. Point two powerheads at each other and they will cancel each other out somewhat in the middle.

Back