Fluorescent corals for beginners

lshin037

Market
Reaction score
What are some good easy corals that are fluorescent under atinic and blue LED moon lights? I have a 125g. Water parameters are good but its still new so my calcium and alkalinity are fluctuating a bit and its slowly stabilizing.

Never had corals before. Had some Xenias but only had them a short time. My tank is pretty new so I'd like to start with easy corals that are hardy and forgiving.

LPS; Hammers, Frogspawn & Torch. Simon at Nemo usually has a good selection.

SPS; Birdsnest, Stylo and maybe an easier Monti.

Leo shrooms and zoas are pretty easy in my experience... with shrooms being the easiest to care for by far. I can give you a small freebie of something to try out if you like.

Thank you. Easy SPS's? I thought they all required mature tanks with experience.

Not all SPS are that hard to care for. Generally the more expensive they are the more mature & stable the tank needs to be. I've had Purple Stylo in my tank since the 3 or 4 month mark. I've got a piece I can give you.

Not all SPS are that hard to care for. Generally the more expensive they are the more mature & stable the tank needs to be. I've had Purple Stylo in my tank since the 3 or 4 month mark. I've got a piece I can give you.

Thank you. I’ll gladly take it. PMd.
You guys sure do give out a lot of stuff! But don’t worry. I’ll do my utmost to take care of them like I bought them at a premium price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always found Monti cap really easy and I've got a frag or two of a red one that you can have.

Back