Fluval 13.5 EVO Nano Too Warm

rrkpl

Reaction score
I have a 2 month old Fluval 13.5 EVO Nano setup that is doing great as far as perimeters and inhabitants but the Tank temp runs from 79.5 to 81.4 in a reasonably air-conditioned house (72-75). I'd like to get the temp in the tank to about 78 and am also worried how warm it might get when we start getting the really warm weather.

It has the full hood and the 14K stock Fluval LED setup. I'm thinking of drilling a bunch of holes in the hood but I would appreciate any more elegant suggestions. A chiller isn't a financial option at this point.

You maybe able to add a small fan to the removable section of the lid. That should help with the temp.

A fan should be plenty. Also, your temp isn't really that big of a problem except for increased algae growth. What's more important is keeping your day and night temp swing at a minimum. Your corals and fish will acclimate to the higher temp but they won't acclimate to a huge temp swing in a short period of time.

Thanks for the quick response and advice! I have a couple of BioCube replacement fans I was sent years ago and never installed. I'll see if I can fix up a mount for them.

Also, The temp has stayed pretty constant within 1.5 to 2 degrees.

Yeah I think the temp swing is fine right now, just keep an eye on it in July and August when it gets hotter.

If you can install the fan so that it pulls air out of the canopy. It's been a while since I had one of those tanks. But, you maybe able to install two very small fans one on each side of the led in the hood. If so you can install one blowing in and one out.

Back