Fluval Edge 12 gallon

mentalblockage

Reaction score
:noob:Hello everyone,

I am wanting to get started in a few frags in my Fluval. I had an interesting thought since the Fluval only has the white LED light suspended over the tank. Can a person use a Coralife Refugium light over a small tank like this? After all, its the perfect size and has a 10,000k T5 and a Actinic Bluelight. I don't know I already have this light and it seemed like a good idea but like I said I don't know anything about corals. I want to start off easy with some zoas.

Please be gentle with this newbie as I am looking for advice here.

Hey, I've the same light from a setup where I wanted to use as a refugium light, and right now I'm using it on the back of the biocube to try and grow up some chaeto. The same bulbs that you have there, as Kelvin grade goes, are the same ones you'll get in the larger coralife brand fixtures, so I'm sure they'll able to grow some zoas and others depending on your water quality and light cycle.
Now it comes a concern to me, how long they can keep it up? Not sure if the lite on that size bulbs is expected to be the same one as a larger T5 bulbs, let's say any larger size, where expectancy of life it's around 8 months, time will tell, just remember, be aware that you could be battling some algae, it could depend on the bulbs or it might be excess nutrients from your tank, keep checking them.
I'm using the CFLs stock light in this small tank, all seems to be fine now with some zoas, later I'll upgrade to a black box led and I hope I can have some growth, I've used a black box before and it was nice.

BTW, there was a store here in Gwinnett where you could order that size and same Kelvin grade, it's called Atlanta lightbulbs. Might be some of the sponsors could order them for you too.

Back