Fluval Evo 13.5

snarky shark

Supporting
Reaction score
Does anyone know if hydor slim skim will fit in sump of evo 13.5? Have one and going to check tomorrow but thought I would see if anyone knew.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It does not fit. I will be looking for smaller model of skimmer to fit.

Thanks. I've heard mixed reviews on that skimmer. I was trying to see if I could repurpose equipment sitting on the shelf.

The skimmer is kind of a pain to get right. Mine actually overflowed the tank twice because the ato kept running to keep up with the skimmer dumping water out the top. I took down the evo when we moved. if i did it again, i would prob not run a skimmer. get the intake media towers

I run my biocube 32 and spec 16 without a skimmer. I do bi weekly water changes and use the intank media baskets. The biocube is a couple of years old and doing great. The spec 16 is about 6 months or so and doing well too

In my opinion that small of a tank does not need a skimmer. The absolute best and most effective way to export nutrients in a smaller tanks to do weekly water changes and you won’t have any issues.

Not designed for it but it works
907a13ac57664faa050979ddcfbc2642.jpg

You can get it down further for better skimming if you leave the magnet off altogether.

Back