Fml

dawgface

Market
Reaction score
You know that one piece you have that you know you'll likely never see again never mind able to purchase to own yourself.... Well for me that is the Lemon Lime Torch.

Found it at Reef-a-Palooza. When I saw it I was 10 people away from the booth. I almost threw children aside as I crowd surfed to it. Literally still 5 people from the booth I rudely yelled, "how much is the Torch!" The owner knew exactly which one and called out a price to which I had one answer regardless, "sold!"

Fast forward to tonight. I decided to move it and rearrange the tank. As I pry it from the rock instead of the glue and epoxy giving out the actual stem splits and breaks from the base up towards the head, single head!!!!!:mad2::firedevil::WTF::censored::cussing::cussing::cussing: I'm not sure how bad, I immediately applied glue to keep it together being careful not to touch the head and placed in the spot I feel will allow the best chance for recovery. Sadly I'm not sure recover is that good when this happens.

Anyone have a similar incident with euphyllias where the animal survived?

Stock photo of the piece and a bad one at that. This one has striking yellow and super bright green transitions with blue tips.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
953733=53559-image.jpg
>
953733=53559-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yes I would have thrown children and thrown my credit card at him not even knowing the price. That is quite the piece you have there and hope it recovers for you so maybe I get a head off you&#9786;

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Did any tissue on the head get torn or otherwise hurt? If not, you should not have an issue. The CaCO3 skeleton should not impact living tissue. IME, the thing to look out for with euphyllia tissue injuries is brown jelly disease, that can slowly eat up the entire remainder of the tissue.

In your situation, I would closely monitor the torch, and if you see anything negative happening, like brown jelly, then a dip in Lugol's solution and hope for the best. If you have not used a Lugol's Dip before, PM me and I'll get you the info off my bottle of it.

Nice torch, btw.

&lt;img src=&quot;
IMAG0325.jpg
alt="" /></a>" alt="" /&gt;

&lt;img src=&quot;
IMAG0323.jpg
alt="" /></a>" alt="" /&gt;

Here's a couple picks with full whites. This is approximately 4 hours after the incident. Flow completely off as I was feeding other coral and was taking this time to look for skeleton, which I could not see... Good there. It is still shrunk about a third where it was before the move which is normal I suppose since no matter what it was irritated.

Dave, that's man. I have lugols and was going to use it but choose glueing it and getting back in there as soon as possible. I regret a little not taking a step back and thinking before I acted.

I guess time will tell...

Dylan Ringwood;953738 wrote: Yes I would have thrown children and thrown my credit card at him not even knowing the price. That is quite the piece you have there and hope it recovers for you so maybe I get a head off you&#9786;

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Careful, the one above sold for a cool $1000 over at R2R. Before you ask there's not a chance I would have paid that and didn't here.. But then again I only got a single head, so I guess depending on heads I paid more per head if you will. Guess I'm the sucker.

DawgFace;953779 wrote: Careful, the one above sold for a cool $1000 over at R2R. Before you ask there's not a chance I would have paid that and didn't here.. But then again I only got a single head, so I guess depending on heads I paid more per head if you will. Guess I'm the sucker.

Nothing wrong with buying what you like, IMO.

Back